Shaytell allows users to contribute different kinds of content, including reviews, photos, videos, events, votes, tips, private messages, and more. Please read the guidelines below for specific types of content that you might contribute to the site.
- Inappropriate content: Colorful language and imagery is fine, but there’s no need for threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry.
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, your peers or competitors in your industry, or businesses in your networking group.
- Promotional content: We generally frown upon promotional content. The site is designed to be useful for consumers and not overrun with commercial noise from every user.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. Keep your review focused on the product. For example, reviews aren’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don’t address the consumer experience.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize yours or other people’s private information. Please don’t post close-up photos or videos of other patrons without their permission, and please don’t post yours or other people’s full names.
- Intellectual property: Don’t swipe content from other sites or users. You’re a smart cookie, so write your own reviews and take your own photos and videos, please!
· Review Guidelines
The best reviews are passionate and personal. They offer a rich narrative, a wealth of detail, and a helpful tip or two for other consumers. Here are some additional thoughts for conscientious reviewers.
- Personal experience: We want to hear about your firsthand consumer experience, not what you heard from your co-worker or significant other. Try to tell your own story without resorting to broad generalizations and conclusory allegations.
- Accuracy: Make sure your review is factually correct. Feel free to air your opinions, but don’t exaggerate or misrepresent your views. We don’t take sides when it comes to factual disputes, so we expect you to stand behind your review.
- Pricing. Please refrain from mentioning the price that you paid for a product.
- Competitors. If you are a business, please refrain from mentioning or criticizing a competitor or their products.
· Photo Guidelines
Photos must be either of you or of a person for which you are specifically authorized to post. We may remove any photo that does not meet the guidelines.
· User Profile Guidelines
Don’t be shy — use your account profile to let people know who you are without using your full name. Users want to read reviews from people they know and trust.
· Avoid posting on customer service
If you have customer service issues, please contact us directly at email@example.com
Terms of Service
Last Updated on December ___, 2015. These terms and conditions are effective immediately for those registering accounts after that date. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) govern your access to and use of Shaytell’s websites and mobile applications that link to or reference these Terms (“Site”). By accessing or using the Site, you are agreeing to these Terms and concluding a legally binding contract with Shaytellme LLC., a Nevada limited liability company headquartered in ______, ___________ (“Shaytell”). Do not access or use the Site if you are unwilling or unable to be bound by the Terms.
“You” and “your” refer to you, as a user of the Site. A “user” is someone who accesses, browses, crawls, scrapes, or in any way uses the Site. “We,” “us,” and “our” refer to Shaytell.
“Content” means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication. “Your Content” means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, check-ins, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. “User Content” means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site. “Shaytell Content” means Content that we create and make available in connection with the Site. “Third Party Content” means Content that originates from parties other than Shaytell or its users, which is made available in connection with the Site. “Site Content” means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Site, including Your Content, User Content, Third Party Content, and Shaytell Content.
2. CHANGES TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE
We may modify the Terms from time to time. The most current version of these Terms will be located on the Site. You understand and agree that your access to or use of the Site is governed by the Terms effective at the time of your access to or use of the Site. If we make material changes to these Terms, we will notify you by email or by posting a notice on the Site prior to the effective date of the changes. We will also indicate at the top of this page the date that revisions were last made. You should revisit these Terms on a regular basis as revised versions will be binding on you. Any such modification will be effective upon our posting of new Terms. You understand and agree that your continued access to or use of the Site after the effective date of modifications to the Terms indicates your acceptance of the modifications.
3. USING THE SITE
To access or use the Site, you must be 18 years or older and have the requisite power and authority to enter into these Terms. You may not access or use the Site if you are a competitor of ours or if we have previously banned you from the Site or closed your account.
B. Permission to Use the Site
We grant you permission to use the Site subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of the Site is at your own risk, including the risk that you might be exposed to Content that is offensive, indecent, inaccurate, objectionable, or otherwise inappropriate.
C. Site Availability
The Site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
D. User Accounts
You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You are also responsible for all activities that occur in connection with your account. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
E. Communications from Shaytell and other Users
By creating an account, you agree to receive certain communications in connection with the Site. You will also receive periodic e-mails from us. You can opt-out of non-essential communications here.
A. Responsibility for Your Content
You alone are responsible for Your Content, and once published, it cannot always be withdrawn. You assume all risks associated with Your Content, including anyone’s reliance on its quality, accuracy, or reliability, or any disclosure by you of information in Your Content that makes you personally identifiable. You may not imply that Your Content is in any way sponsored or endorsed by Shaytell.
You may expose yourself to liability if, for example, Your Content contains material that is false, intentionally misleading, or defamatory; violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; contains material that is unlawful, including illegal hate speech or pornography; exploits or otherwise harms minors; or violates or advocates the violation of any law or regulation.
B. Our Right to Use Your Content
We may use Your Content in a number of different ways, including publicly displaying it, reformatting it, incorporating it into advertisements and other works, creating derivative works from it, promoting it, distributing it, and allowing others to do the same in connection with their own websites and media platforms (“Other Media”). As such, you hereby irrevocably grant us world-wide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, assignable, sublicensable, transferable rights to use Your Content for any purpose. Please note that you also irrevocably grant the users of the Site and any Other Media the right to access Your Content in connection with their use of the Site and any Other Media. Finally, you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Shaytell and its users any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to Your Content. By “use” we mean use, copy, publicly perform and display, reproduce, distribute, modify, translate, remove, analyze, commercialize, and prepare derivative works of Your Content.
As between you and Shaytell, you own Your Content. We own the Shaytell Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content and other Site Content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Site excluding Your Content, User Content and Third Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world (“IP Rights”) associated with the Shaytell Content and the Site, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, reproduce, distribute, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the Shaytell Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorized by us. Except as expressly and unambiguously provided herein, we do not grant you any express or implied rights, and all rights in and to the Site and the Shaytell Content are retained by us.
Shaytell and its licensees may publicly display advertisements and other information adjacent to or included with Your Content. You are not entitled to any compensation for such advertisements. The manner, mode and extent of such advertising are subject to change without specific notice to you.
User Content (including any that may have been created by users employed or contracted by Shaytell) does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Shaytell. We reserve the right to remove, screen, edit, or reinstate User Content from time to time at our sole discretion for any reason or no reason, and without notice to you. For example, we may remove a review if we believe it violates our Content Guidelines. We have no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of Your Content, nor do we guarantee any confidentiality with respect to Your Content.
We are under no obligation to enforce the Terms on your behalf against another user. While we encourage you to let us know if you believe another user has violated the Terms, we reserve the right to investigate and take appropriate action at our sole discretion.
A. You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to use the Site to:
- Violate ourContent Guidelines, for example, by writing a fake or defamatory review, trading reviews with other businesses, or compensating someone or being compensated to write or remove a review;
- Violate any third party’s rights, including any breach of confidence, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right;
- Threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination;
- Promote a business or other commercial venture or event, or otherwise use the Site for commercial purposes, except as expressly permitted by Shaytell;
- Send bulk emails, surveys, or other mass messaging, whether commercial in nature or not; engage in keyword spamming, or otherwise attempt to manipulate the Site’s search results or any third party website;
- Solicit personal information from minors, or submit or transmit pornography; or
- Violate any applicable law.
B. You also agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Violate the Terms;
- Modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Site or Site Content (other than Your Content), except as expressly authorized by Shaytell;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Site or any Site Content;
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
- Remove or modify any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notice that appears on any portion of the Site or on any materials printed or copied from the Site;
- Record, process, or mine information about other users;
- Access, retrieve or index any portion of the Site for purposes of constructing or populating a searchable database of business reviews;
- Reformat or frame any portion of the Site;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose, in our sole discretion, an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Shaytell’s technology infrastructure or otherwise make excessive traffic demands of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use the Site or any Site Content to transmit any computer viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature (collectively,“Viruses”);
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
The restrictions above only apply to the extent permissible under applicable law. Nevertheless, you agree not to act contrary to them (even if permissible under applicable law) without providing 30 days’ prior written notice to us here, together with any information that we may reasonably require to give us an opportunity to provide alternative remedies or otherwise accommodate you at our sole discretion.
6. GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
A. Content Guidelines
You represent that you have read and understood our Content Guidelines.
C. Copyright And Trademark Disputes
Please see our Infringement Policy for information about copyright and trademark disputes.
7. SUGGESTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals (“Feedback”), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against Shaytell and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback.
8. THIRD PARTIES
The Site may include links to other websites or applications (each, a “Third Party Site”). We do not control or endorse any Third Party Site. You agree that we are not responsible for the availability or contents of such Third Party Sites. Your use of Third Party Sites is at your own risk.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Shaytell, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, any related companies, suppliers, licensors and partners, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them (collectively, the “Shaytell Entities“) harmless, including costs, liabilities and legal fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party arising out of or relating to (i) your access to or use of the Site, (ii) your violation of the Terms, (iii) any products or services purchased or obtained by you in connection with the Site, or (iv) the infringement by you, or any third party using your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity. Shaytell reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any such matter without the prior written consent of Shaytell. Shaytell will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
10. DISCLAIMERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY SINCE IT LIMITS THE LIABILITY OF THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES TO YOU. EACH OF THE SUBSECTIONS BELOW ONLY APPLIES UP TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. NOTHING HEREIN IS INTENDED TO LIMIT ANY RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY LIMITED. IF YOU ARE UNSURE ABOUT THIS OR ANY OTHER SECTION OF THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONSULT WITH A LEGAL PROFESSIONAL PRIOR TO ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SITE, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS, INCLUDING THIS SECTION. YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS BY AGREEING TO THESE TERMS.
- THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN “AS IS”, “WITH ALL FAULTS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH THE EXPRESS UNDERSTANDING THAT THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES MAY NOT MONITOR, CONTROL, OR VET USER CONTENT. AS SUCH, YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE, ITS SAFETY OR SECURITY, OR THE SITE CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM THE SITE’S INOPERABILITY, UNAVAILABILITY OR SECURITY VULNERABILITIES OR FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE BUSINESS LISTINGS, RATINGS, REVIEWS (INCLUDING THEIR CONTENT, ORDER, AND DISPLAY), OR METRICS FOUND ON, USED ON, OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE.
- THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES MAKE NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY, SUCH AS THE BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISERS LISTED ON THE SITE OR THE SITE’S USERS. ACCORDINGLY, THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES ARE NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THEIR ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, IF ANOTHER USER OR BUSINESS MISUSES YOUR CONTENT, IDENTITY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OR IF YOU HAVE A NEGATIVE EXPERIENCE WITH ONE OF THE BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISERS LISTED OR FEATURED ON THE SITE. YOUR PURCHASE AND USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
- THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WARRANTIES AS TO THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED BY BUSINESSES LISTED ON THE SITE, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF ONE OF THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES SHALL CREATE A REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY.
- YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, RELATED SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SITE.
- THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES’ MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT YOU SUFFER IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE OR THESE TERMS IS LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (i) THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE IN THE 12 MONTHS PRIOR TO THE ACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY, OR (ii) $100.
- THE SHAYTELL ENTITIES DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
11. CHOICE OF LAW AND VENUE
New York law will govern these Terms, as well as any claim, cause of action or dispute that might arise between you and Shaytell (a “Claim”), without regard to conflict of law provisions. FOR ANY CLAIM BROUGHT BY EITHER PARTY, YOU AGREE TO SUBMIT AND CONSENT TO THE PERSONAL AND EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION IN, AND THE EXCLUSIVE VENUE OF, THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED WITHIN NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK, CALIFORNIA.
- We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of the Site, and/or ban you altogether from the Site for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, the Site, Your Content, Site Content, or any other related information.
- In the event of any termination of these Terms, whether by you or us, Sections 1, 5, 6, 9 – 13 will continue in full force and effect, including our right to use Your Content as detailed in Section 5.
13. GENERAL TERMS
- We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- We may provide you with notices, including those regarding changes to the Terms by email, regular mail or communications through the Site.
- Except as otherwise stated in Section 9 above, nothing herein is intended, nor will be deemed, to confer rights or remedies upon any third party.
- The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- Any failure on Shaytell’s part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties’ intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with Shaytell’s prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void.
- The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Last Modified December17, 2015
Shaytell collects information on our users in various ways, such as, by your voluntary submissions, participation in services provided via the Site, from third parties with your consent, and through cookie and other tracking technology. Shaytell collects the following information:
“Personal Information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. In many cases, we need this information to provide to you many of the services that you may have requested.
Submission of Reviews, Ratings, and Comments
We collect information that you voluntarily provide as part of our Site, including messages, posts, comments, responses, reviews, and ratings you submit through the Site, (“User Generated Content”). Shaytell may in our sole discretion share your User Generated Content with others such as your business reviews. If you do not want certain information shared with others, you should not submit User Generated Content, or should not submit User Generated Content that contains information or Personal Information you do not want shared in this manner. Once You have submitted User Generated Content, we reserve the right to publish it in any medium to others.
We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Site, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Site, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as ‘cookies’ and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Site to make for a better visitor experience.
Third Party Information
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, payment card or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our products and services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third party partners, visit the Network Advertising Initiative atwww.networkadvertising.org/choices.
Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; the MAC address or other technical information from your mobile device; location information through GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, or similar technologies; and dates and times that our Site are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that ‘serve up’ webpages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Site may also use technology called “tracer tags”. These may also be referred to as “Pixels”, “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on our Site and other ways you interact with our Site, such as purchases made through the Site. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Site for you and other users of our Site. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect.
Do Not Track
Do Not Track (DNT) is a privacy preference that users can set in some web browsers, allowing users to opt out of tracking by websites and online services. At the present time, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) has not yet established universal standards for recognizable DNT signals and therefore, Shaytell and the Site do not recognize DNT.
Use of Information
The information Shaytell collects is used in a variety of ways, including
- for internal review;
- to improve the Site;
- to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services;
- to verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings;
- to notify you about updates to the Site;
- to let you know about products, services, and promotions that you may be interested in;
- to get reviews and ratings;
- for our marketing purposes;
- to fulfill and provide products and services, including personalized or enhanced services, requested by you;
- internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission; and
- to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
Disclosures and Transfers of Information
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
- The disclosure is to financial service providers in order to fulfill and carry out the purchase and provision of goods and services requested by you;
- The disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with the applicable law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes, or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
- The disclosure is combined with information collected from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content, and advertising from us or third parties;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Shaytell;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities or are otherwise in violation of our Shaytell Terms and Conditions, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site, mailing lists, processing orders and delivering products and services, sending postal mail, processing claims for lost or stolen certificates, providing marketing assistance, and data analysis (“Administrative Service Providers”), including Administrative Service Providers outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
We may also disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Site to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also share aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services.
Choice: Accessing Your Information and Opt-in/Opt-out Requests
To help you review, edit, and control how we use much of the information we collect about you, you can visit your “Manage My Accounts” webpage. On the “Manage My Accounts” webpage, you can update certain information and unsubscribe from receiving specific types of email messages and telephone calls, including autodialed or pre-recorded telemarketing calls placed by us or a third party on our behalf. You cannot, however, unsubscribe from receiving certain emails, such as account status and billing related emails, unless you close your account and fulfill any existing contractual obligations. You can also ask us whether we are keeping information about you; to provide you with access to any information we have about you; how your information is being used; update, correct, or delete your information, or opt-out of the collection and use of certain information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at Help Desk, Shaytell, ______________________ specifying the nature and scope of your request. If you choose to delete your information or opt-out of the collection and use of your information, you understand that certain services, may no longer be available to you. Please state in your correspondence the details of your request. We may require proof of your identity before we provide you with the requested information. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified, amended, or completed. Approved requests will be processed within ten (10) days of the date on which we receive the request.
Data Security, Integrity, and Access
The Personal Information you provide and we collect is stored within databases that we control directly or through our Administrative Service Providers. As we deem appropriate and as required by the applicable law, we use security measures appropriate for the sensitivity of the Personal Information and consistent with industry standards, including physical, organizational and technological protections, such as firewalls, to protect your Personal Information. We also use industry standard encryption technology to protect credit card and password information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Personal Information may only be accessed by persons within our organization, our third party service providers who require such access to provide you with the services indicated above, or any other party that you have provided us with authorization to share such information with.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to otherwise meet any legal requirements.
Your information may be transferred to, and maintained on, computers located outside of your state, province/territory, or country where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those where you live. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please be aware that we transfer Personal Information to the United States and process and store it there. As a result, this information may be subject to access requests from governments, courts, law enforcement officials and national security authorities in the United States according to its laws. Subject to the applicable laws, we will use reasonable efforts to ensure that appropriate protections are in place to maintain protections on the Personal Information. By submitting your Personal Information, you consent to having your personal data transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States.
Shaytell may assign you a user ID and a password when you register as part of your participation and access to the Site. Your user ID and password may only be used by you and the members of your household. You may not share your user ID and password with anyone else, and you are solely responsible for maintaining and protecting the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your user ID and password. You can access and update your login information on your “Manage My Accounts” webpage.
Third Party Websites and Links
Please note that you may have cookies placed on your computer by third party websites that refer you to the Site. Although we do not share your Personal Information with these third party websites unless you have authorized us to do so, they may be able to link certain non-personally identifiable information we transfer to them with Personal Information they previously collected from you. Please review the privacy policies of each website you visit to better understand their privacy practices. In addition, Shaytell would like to inform you that anytime you click on links (including advertising banners), which take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of our customer’s privacy on the Internet, Shaytell expressly disclaims any and all liability for the actions of third parties, including but without limitation to actions relating to the use and/or disclosure of Personal Information by third parties.
Shaytell does not intend the Site to be used by individuals under the age of majority within the jurisdiction within which they reside without the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age. Shaytell relies upon such parents or guardians to determine if the Site is appropriate for the viewing, access, or participation by such individuals under the age of majority. If an individual under the age of majority uses the Site, such individual may only use the Site under the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under 18 years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of 18, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If you are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, you may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
Your California Privacy Rights
We share information with others as more fully set forth above in Disclosures and Transfers of Information. We share your information with other parts of our business and with our service providers. See above: Disclosures and Transfers of Information.
You may contact us with any questions, or to request a list of third parties to whom we may disclose information for marketing purposes and the categories of information we may disclose.
How To Contact us
Attn: Privacy Officer
We welcome your questions and comments.